Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Math: What is the Height of a Typical 6th Grader at SAS?

In Math class recently, we took a survey for our height. Now, Mr. Hardinge asked us to write about which measures of center we should use to find the average height.
=================================================================
Data we collected:
Mode: 61in
Mean: 60.96 in
Median: 61 in
Q1: 59 in
Q3: 63 in
=================================================================
I believe that the height of a typical 6th grader at SAS is 61 in, because all the measures of center averages out to 61 in. The only numbers that aren't within a close range with 61 is the quartiles, but the average of 59 and 63 is 61. There is also not a big variability, no outliers, etc, so the data won't be off by a lot.

3 comments:

  1. I liked how you showed the data in a very organized way so that the reader can easily understand what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it easy to understand because you put the actual data on the post. Also you used math related words like quartiles and outliers. One thing you could've done is explained what Q1 and Q3 were for those who don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I liked how you stated all your data to support your claim. I also really liked how you described the project and what we had to do in it. One thing that I would work on is to describe how your height compares a bit more. Great job!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete