We finished our effective communication unit in Health, and here is my reflection. We had to write about when we used a strategy that we learned, and if it worked out.
I have a friend who my other friends thought were annoying. I agreed, but I couldn't specifically name what's annoying about her. Anyways, my friends and I were so annoyed that we decided to launch what we call "The Sky Plan" (Sky was our nickname for her). It was rather a mean plan of avoiding her at all costs. We tried to ignore Sky, be out of her way, take time to respond to her constant questions. To be honest, I think we all felt some type of remorse, but no one put it out in words. In the end, Sky felt that something was wrong, and the teacher noticed it too in a partner work. We got in trouble, and to make amends, apologised to her. We said how we were sort of tired of how she was always beside us, making random comments, and she said that it was coincidental, that she had no intention of it.
The apologising and discussing strategy did not work well for me, as it only helped everyone understand what was wrong. Sky and us are neutral now, but we never became good friends. If this happens again, I would make sure that "The Sky Plan" never even get developed in the first place. Then, I would express my feelings and talk about what bothered us about her, and what we should do in the future. I really hope that this new plan would work out much better than the old one.
No comments:
Post a Comment