Thursday, 5 March 2015
Science: Water Project Blog 1
This was the first week of our Water Project, a month-long science project where us 6th graders try to make help the deadly Water Crisis. The second I walked into science class on Monday, I knew that something in the air felt different - and I quickly knew why - the Water Project officially started! I was so astonished that about 1 in 9 people lack access to safe water! I had absolutely no idea how bad the Water Crisis really was, and instantly, I was determined to make a difference. Sneha and I formed a group, and we decided to host a quiz between as many UES students as we can get to teach them about the reality of the Water Crisis. We thought that spreading awareness was more important than raising money because when people with a high EQ realizes this deadly crisis, they're likely to donate money on their own time and even perhaps encourage their own friends to donate as well, causing more and more people to donate, rather than us selling things, consuming large amounts of time. We are currently trying to find a time to go to the ES Principal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment