Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Post 2-Tech 7

This is a reflection on some activities we did in Tech.
=================================================================
I've never really experimented with coding or doing anything with robots or the Makey Makey. What surprised me a lot was how easy it was to learn about it. Last semester, if I was given a robot or a metal plate with holes in it, I wouldn't have even given it a try––it seemed far too complicated for me to understand. However, I feel very comfortable with both objects now. I find it fascinating how some time before, coding and such was still a very little known and complicated thing, but now, we have resources to do simple coding that takes up so little time! I think these activities were really eye-opening and fun at the same time. I was able to explore a lot of things I usually wouldn't have done, like playing Flappy-Bird on play-doh, making chain reactions with robots, etc. However, maybe being given more time to play around would've been nice, so we could understand the concepts of using Makey Makey and programing robots better.
The inventor report made on Movenote was ok. Personally, I would've prefered to just screen-record it using Prezi to make my presentaiton (my favorite presentation maker). I have never used Movenote before, so I was unfamiliar with all the functions, which also made it hard to create the final presentation. However, learning and researching about the inventor was really fun, as I got to choose who to do it on. A suggestion I would give to improve this would be to suggest us more ways to record it, other than Movenote. Of course, I don't have any ways to suggest, but I just really didn't like using Movenote.

No comments:

Post a Comment