What does wellness mean to you?
To me, wellness means to be healthy and have strong body systems. Well then, what does healthy mean to me? The word healthy is vague. It can mean different things. I think that being healthy can be easy: just exercise at least 1 hour each day, have the right amount of protein, vitamins, grains, dairy, and fruits. Being healthy also means to follow to habits of 54321+8, meaning to have 5 fruits and veggies, 4 glasses of water, 3 good laughs, 2 hours or less of screen time, 1 hour of exercise, and 8 hours or more of sleep per day. By following this set of habits, you will have longevity, be less vulnerable to diseases, and become less tired. |
Which habit of 54321+8 is your strength? Why? (review your earlier blog post)
I would say 3 good laughs is my strength, because a lot of people say I laugh at nearly everything, and also make others laugh. |
Which habit do you need to continue to improve on?
I really think that I need to work harder on getting less screen time. The average hours of me on my computer is more than 3 hours, and that caused me to become very tired, especially the past few days. |
How physically active have you been this year on a weekly basis? Share as many things that you can remember.
I go on walks around the neighborhood about 4 times a week, and sometimes go run at the gym in our apartment. If my mom's home, we would go play badminton on Saturdays for 2-5 hours, depending on how much time I have. Playing badminton can reduce blood pressure, and studies show that by playing badminton on a regular basis, you can actually to kept enthusiastic, motivated, and can ward off depression! |
What is your strongest area of physical fitness? (strength, flexibility, cardio respiratory endurance) Which are do you need to work on?
My strongest area of physical fitness would be cardio respiratory endurance, because my km time is quite fast. I really need to work on strength, because I haven't actually been able to do a single push up yet in the fitness test. I'm not too flexible, so I think that I should try stretching regularly as well. |
Why do you think being physically active is important?
It's important to be physically active because it strengthens your immune system and your heart. It can reduce blood pressure, make you physically stronger, and can prevent you from getting serious diseases like diabetes and cancer. |
How well do you eat ‘MyPlate’ 3 meals a day?
MyPlate makes sure you get a balanced meal and receive all the necessary vitamins you'll need to last through the day and be able to work. |
What is your food goal? (Review your earlier blog post) Did you achieve your “food goal” or do you need to continue to work on it?
My food goal was to eat more fruits, and I achieved it. However, I think that I could've did better, by eating a bigger variety of fruits a bit more often. Therefore, I'm going to continue working on it. |
How stressed have you been this semester?
Not really stressed, but at times where a lot of RLA writing homework is due, and when there's a huge summative test I have to study for, I start freaking out. |
What two strategies work best for you to reduce stress?
I eat my favorite desserts to calm me down first. Once I'm calmed down and happily savoring icecream, I think about what I can do better next time, what I can do now. |
What do you do on a daily basis to promote wellness?
I try to follow the 54321+8 habits and eat using MyPlate tips. |
Wednesday, 20 May 2015
PE: Wellness Reflection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment