How do you think people felt upon their arrival to Ellis Island?
I think they were ecstatic, feeling overwhelming joy. After a long, tiring journey, they finally saw their final destination; they were this close to successfully immigrating to the United States!
What do you think the immigration hall screening was like?
I think it was a very tedious and chaotic and process. According to the voice recordings, it was unbelievably loud and jammed with people. I can only imagine the mass of eager people, hardly able to wait to be admitted into the US.
How did you feel when you arrived at the classroom and learned about your fate?
Because I did not have to endure the exhausting and difficult journey to "Ellis Island," I did not feel the same intense disappointment and despair as most people who were deported probably felt. I was more regretful that I hadn't been smarter and increased my age.
No comments:
Post a Comment