Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Art: SAS Eagle Design

For one of our Art8 units for this semester was a 2D design focused on variation. We took a simple image of an SAS eagle and created our own deviations of it, experimenting with a variety of artistic techniques. These are my designs:













This eagle was my personal interest one. I'm a huge foodie and am constantly craving food, so I thought it'd only be fitting if I drew something about food.










I think the most challenging part of this assignment is probably coming up with cool new designs that fall under the designated categories. I had so many ideas but none of them seemed creative enough that I actually drew them. However, once I had the initial idea, I was able to finish the assignment fairly quickly.

My favorite design to make was the collage because I just loved finding different artworks from magazines, cutting them up, and gluing them together on the paper with the modge-podge-like glue. But the simple color pencil one was fun too, because with colored pencils, I could draw more detailed, vibrant pictures rather than just a background and outline of an eagle.

Brainstorming:
 Brainstorming types of food I can draw for my food eagle
 Original idea for my collage eagle (later didn't fill in the eagle but instead one)
 Where my idea to fill an eagle with lines came from and also where I practiced writing the fancy SAS letterings for the last eagle
Experimenting on how I wanted the carved eagle colored

No comments:

Post a Comment